Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reading

Oh I wish I had more time to read with out everything else I need to do going to shambles. I just finished reading a book yesterday I have been working through for nearly 2 months. I use to finish books within a week! I love the feeling of finishing a book, but I always feel a bit lost when I finally finish. These days I feel quite proud of myself for finishing a book, I have to set a goal to finish it or it never happens. How funny is that. Towards the end of a book, I get so addicted to finishing it that I stop almost everything else and you would be hard pressed to get a descent conversation out of me. Its fun.

I was reading this chick lit book called This charming Man by Marian Keyes. Usually chick lit is quite laid back and light hearted. This one was presented that way but with really serious issues through it. Domestic Violence and Alcoholism were the main themes. It was a bit of a shock to realise that was what it was all about as was no indication of that in the blurb on the back. It was definately not the chill out book I thought I was going to read, but still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment